CarIQ provides a completely new experience for the car owner through a mobile app that connects you to service providers like garages, insurance companies, marketers and roadside assistance providers. You, at your discretion,would be able to interact with service providers on the basis of data collected from your car by CarIQ.
It effectively presents all the acquired data in a user friendly portal which can be easily accessed and understood by the car owner. With CarIQ, all your car worries can be addressed under a single roof. The Bluetooth SmartPlug works on Bluetooth 2.0 and sends data to the CarIQ platform upon a manual "Sync" via your smartphone. Main features include:
• Share drives, maps, paths on social platform
• Service history
• Get alerts when errors are detected in cars
• Get emergency roadside assistance
• Location of car
• Alerts for over speeding or rash driving
• Geo fencing
• Low Battery Alerts
Founded in August 2012, CarIQ is a Pune based hardware startup by Sagar Apte. CarIQ helps make cars smarter by allowing the car and the driver (you) to take decisions related to the car, based on the data received from the Smart Plug. The CarIQ SmartPlug is connected to the cloud and it allows the driver to manage, monitor and interact with the car in a much simpler way.
It is now possible to understand how your car is performing, how you can save fuel and avoid pollution by proper maintenance of cars. Service workshops can provide a higher level of service by connecting to the car remotely and providing timely help to the owner.
CarIQ also offers pan India road side assistance in the name of Smart Assist. You can avail immediate roadside assistance anytime, anywhere for your car through a network of service providers across India. The services include on-site assistance, towing assistance and customer service.
The Smart Plug is equipped with a user friendly portal that can be accessed from the desktop and a mobile app that is available on the Android. The main features of the user portal are:
- You can add multiple cars to a single account on the user portal.
- The data shown in the portal comes from the car to which the device is connected.
- The portal, based on the acquired specifications gives a score to your car.
- The current battery voltage of your car.
- Last time the device has been synced to your smartphone.
- Configurable geo fences and over-speeding limits.
- Customizable notifications through emails, SMSes or Push Notifications.
- - Tracking your trips.